- Pilot programme – will serve as landmark for future NZAN activities
- Develop communication and educational relationships with national and international science teams
- Engage in hands-on investigations in the field, in NZ’s active volcanic landscapes
- To enhance Earth and Space educational curricula using the extensive natural diversity of New Zealand’s volcanic and geothermal landscapes and a Mātauranga Māori approach.
- To use astrobiology and planetary science themes to spark student interest and imagination in hands-on STEM activities.
- To offer unique Earth and space science investigation opportunity for intermediate and senior students
- Enable collaboration with top space and geo scientists from NASA and New Zealand
- To investigate extreme geological and biological environments analogues to conditions on other planets and earliest life on Earth
- To experience technological challenges of human space exploration
Nature of Science, Planet Earth and Beyond geology, Astronomy, Technology, Life Science